Friday 13 December 2019

New Book: The Unofficial Dr Who Annual 1987

I feel as though I have come full circle, I have mentioned on numerous occasions on this site that Colin Baker was THE Doctor when I started watching the series, however I first discovered him through the free comics given away in promotional packs of Golden Wonder Crisps, after watching Attack of the Cybermen I then considered myself to be a Doctor Who fan and when my fandom was ‘rekindled’ in the early 2000’s when I attended my very first Doctor Who event, all those early memories came flooding back to me when I met Colin, who was very supportive of the fan art I had produced and brought to show him. This prompted me to peddle my portfolio around numerous Who events across the country in the hope that someday I would be commissioned to create artwork similar to the ones that sparked my interest back in my childhood- but alas to no avail. BUT this year I have had the great pleasure of working with Terraqueous Distributors having released ‘The Unofficial Dr Who annual 1972’ earlier in the year have now released ‘The Unofficial Dr Who Annual 1987’ and I had the great privilege of illustrating two of the 6th Doctor stories that feature, Malatrak Mission One Five Zero and The Master of Chicago I received my contributor edition last weekend and I am absolutely delighted with it. The book has an impressive 122 page count and the love and devotion to the show and its history shines through, this book is amazing, everyone involved should be immensely proud and I urge you all to order your own copy. Thank you Terraqueous for allowing me the opportunity to finally illustrate the Doctor.

Follow this link to order yours 

© Arfon Jones 2019. All images are copyrighted throughout the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...