Thursday 28 November 2019

Happy Horror-day! Halloween (1978)

Due to a technical issue (I think it was a Blogger schedule issue) I’ve had to re-upload this post originally posted on October 31st but anyway, Halloween, directed and scored by John Carpenter, co-written with producer Debra Hill the movie stars Donald Pleasence along with Jamie Lee Curtis who makes her film debut. A mental patient who was committed to a sanatorium for murdering his teenage sister on Halloween night fifteen years before escapes and returns to his hometown, where he stalks babysitters while his psychiatrist and the local sheriff try to find him. 
This is where it all started- the holiday based slasher movie, and basis of this challenge. Yes, Black Christmas from 1974 is technically the first but it was Halloween that grossed $70 million, making it the most profitable independent film ever that kicked off the holiday themed horror movie, I would go as far to say it was also responsible for every horror movie centred around a escaped mental patient and harassed babysitters as well. Enjoyed by horror purists and casual horror viewers alike I once again find myself asking what can I say that hasn’t been said about this movie? I can’t, so I’ll just leave it there. Happy Halloween!


© Arfon Jones 2019. All images are copyrighted throughout the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...