Tuesday 29 May 2012

The Parrots of East Molesey

Having been down Southeast England/London on a more regular basis I was pleased to finally be able to tick the ‘Ring-Necked Parakeet’ off my bird spotter list last Sunday! I was in Molesey, Surrey sitting in the shade on what was a warm evening when suddenly I heard a parrot squawk, I dismissed it as perhaps a neighbour with a parrot and an open window but NO there it was a Psittacula Krameri perched in the tree! Having read about these feral birds for many years I was delighted to see one for myself! Although I can understand why they are unpopular with some residents I thought it was delightful to see these birds swooping over head as we sat by the Thames on a hot day with Hampton Court in the distance.





© Arfon Jones 2012. All images are copyrighted throughout the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...