Friday 13 December 2019

Happy Horror-day! Friday the 13th Part II (1981)

I have been mulling this over since reviewing the first one back in September, which should I watch? The first one, again or the remake? Then it dawned on me- seeing as this is the second Friday the 13th of the year I suppose it should be the second Friday the 13th movie really... Friday the 13th Part II was produced and directed by Steve Miner (his directorial debut) and was written by Ron Kurz, staring Amy Steel and John Furey. The film also features the return of Adrienne King, Betsy Palmer and Walt Gorney from the first movie, taking place five years later with a new murderer picking off the camp counselors in scenes that had the Motion Picture Association of America repulsed so much that they insisted on numerous cuts being made to allow it an R rating. Although not as big a hit as the original, the sequel made $21.7 million in the U.S. on a $1.2 million budget assuring there would be a Part III the following year. Isn’t it funny this is the second time I have set myself a movie challenge that involves Friday the 13th and watching one isn’t enough!? If you’re not too busy/ tired join me here on the 24th for Black Christmas!    

© Arfon Jones 2019. All images are copyrighted throughout the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...