Friday 2 February 2018

Halloween at Woolworths (1988)


Ordinarily the pages of this blog are devoted to items that I have in my collection and usually accompanied by detailed, relevant information about said item, well I thought I would try something different this time round! This post is devoted to things that I use to have, that I would like again... that I’ve tried to obtain for some time but to no avail so I thought I would leave it open to the world wide web! This is an advertisement from issue #20 of The Real Ghostbusters comic dated October 9th 1988. Woolworth in conjunction with Barratts in the build -up to Halloween inform us of this, “sweet way to spend Halloween” in the form of Barretts Halloween Party Packs! Their classic in store Pic ‘n Mix range offered everything from “Vampire Bats and Spooky Spiders to Toads and Silly Slugs” but they also offered two Alma Sweetie Sticks featuring a Witch and skeleton and three Alma Sweet Filled Hand Puppets of a Witch, Ghost and Slimer! I had the Slimer one back in the day, along with a Skull Sweetie Stick and although the glove puppet didn't last long (the ink would come off the plastic during play) I wish I had hung on to them! So I leave this open to you citizens of the internet, do you have anything relating to this offer? Don’t bother with eBay, I’ll save you a listing fee e-mail at arfon@arfon.net or simply comment below!

© Arfon Jones 2018. All images are copyrighted throughout the world.

8 comments:

  1. Ah, Woolworths - still sadly missed. Home Bargains seems to be the current version of Woolies, so it's a shame they couldn't acquire the name. (Not that they ever tried.) As for the Real Ghostbusters, I used to letter for the comic - tale a wee keek inside, AJ, and see if my name's in that issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poor comment above is looking neglected on its own, AJ, so I've left this one to keep it company.

      Delete
    2. Sorry Kid, nothing personal I've been trying to catch up with work! Lets see.... Phil Elliot, Bambos, Hel and Glib...

      Delete
    3. Nah, not in that issue then. I was 'Glop'. Right, back to work with you.

      Delete
    4. Glop? Ok, Id like to do a retrospective some time- I might be getting back to you Glop!! :)

      Delete
    5. Feel entirely free. You know where I'll be.

      Delete
  2. Nope, never seen those at all. But I shall keep my eye out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mim, its a long shot but I thought I might as well put it out there :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...