Wednesday 22 June 2016

Penrhos Care Home Mural

I’ve been away from my desk and out of the studio working at the “Polish Village” in Penrhos, North Wales this past week. This former RAF air base once served as a demobilization camp for Polish servicemen assigned to protect the base from German attack in 1940 and was later used to house Polish soldiers, sailors and airmen who chose to remain in the UK after World War II. Now owned by a charitable organisation founded to provide accommodation and support to Polish ex-service men and women the wooden barracks have since been replaced by purpose built buildings suitable for elderly people. Surrounded by nature it has a church, library, common rooms, shop, allotments and an old peoples home and that’s where I was last week painting a mural. Inspired by the surrounding grounds I painted this woodland scene (measuring around 176cm by 121cm) in one of the corridors featuring 11 woodland creatures for the residents to enjoy. It was great to be working on another nature based project, the mural seemed well received by both residents and staff I hope they enjoy it as much as I did creating it- my sincere thanks to everyone at Penrhos Care Home for the warm welcome.

The finished mural featuring 11 woodland creatures.
© Arfon Jones 2016. All images are copyrighted throughout the world.

4 comments:

  1. That looks great. I bet the residents will really enjoy seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mim, everyone seemed happy with it. Many would pass by as I worked on it checking on progress :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...