Friday 8 July 2011

Kim Newman’s Video Dungeon

Readers of Empire Magazine will find my artwork in this months edition in Kim Newman’s regular column ‘Kim Newman’s Video Dungeon’. The brief was to design a B-movie poster/ Video cover featuring Kim. The magazine provided a set of photographs depicting him in different poses brandishing various weapons. I wanted this piece to be reminiscent of the posters and video rental covers I remember fondly from the 1980’s and early 1990’s. I placed this supposed movie in 1980 one genre of movie that was popular at this time that I am also rather fond of were the ones dealing with man interfering with nature then waging war with the by-product. Taking all these factors into consideration there was but one obvious contender ‘Humanoids from the Deep’ and so I created this spoof as a nod to one of my favourite movies containing some of my favourite elements.




© Arfon Jones 2011. All images are copyrighted throughout the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...